For the past several years I have cooked the Thanksgiving feast. The menu was extensive as it usually is.
artichoke and parmesen dip
creamy mashed potato
green bean casserole
jello salad (family recipe)
cranberry whole berry sauce
- pecan tart
- pumpkin pie
- apple pie
Everything is made from scratch as the Thanksgiving feast should be. Everyone went home with full bellies and a memory of yet another Thanksgiving with family.
As another blogger has done an extremely nice job with her “Things to be thankful for “I will try and replicate a list.
Things to be Thankful for in the past year
- Walker graduates from kindergarten and starts the 1st grade with a bang
- Peyton successfully completes speech therapy and begins his 3 year old program at school
- Reaching the 10 year anniversary mark with my husband
- finally getting my act together and utilize facebook
- having a good job in this job market
- being constantly surrounded by good friends
- knowing my children have a good sense of humor … and know when to use it
- having a father that still likes to call to say good night to my kids
- having a husband who is willing to put the Christmas lights up the day after Thanksgiving
- having a job that allows me the luxury of working from home on Fridays
- knowing my kids are compassionate as well as passionate about things that surround them
- knowing that I live in a democracy that even though elections may not go the way I want I still have the right to vote
- having made friends all over the world through my blog
I have certainly missed many but these are the highlights. So… what are you thankful for this year?
6 thoughts on “Thanksgiving Blessings”
Love your list… don’t think I should paste my list here.. is long!What is jello salad? Being South African, this makes no sense to me at all.
Wenchy – jello salad ummm yup that would sound a little strange if you have never had it. Lemon jello, crushed pineapple, carrots and celery(chopped very very small). It’s one of those family recipes that may sound a little strange but brings childhood memories to life again.
Happy Thanksgiving, Sara.
Wow – that’s some menu! Sounds awesomely good though…making me drool as it’s nearly lunchtime here and I’m starving!!!Great list. Good things to be sure.
Lovely list, Sarah! And what a yummy feast!
🙂 That is a beautiful picture btw